Feeling intimidated by Laura Heine’s collage patterns? This class will help you work towards a bigger collage project. No pattern needed. This class is all about learning the technique.
You will have so much fun making this collage!
- ½ yard Pattern Ease (available at the store)
- Steam a seam 2 fusible web (not lite and no substitutions), available in a 5 sheet package or about 1-1 ½ yard
- Fabric Fuse adhesive– in the green bottle
- ½ yard solid (or small print, solid looking) background fabric
(note: you want your heart to ‘stand out’)
- Applique pressing sheet (optional)
- Very sharp medium size scissors to cut out your shapes.
Recommended: Karen Kay Buckley’s medium blue scissors (available at the store) because they are serrated and able to get into little corners, fabric won’t fray. You will use them for a lot of other projects!
- A Sharpie
- Basting spray (optional)
- Fabric! This is the fun part. Dive into your stash or check the store and find medium size flowers, butterflies, leaves, birds and other animals, paisley. Everything works but flowers work best. Different sizes and styles, colors and shapes
- ½ yard cotton batting
- ½ yard of backing fabric
- Sewing machine, thread (I use variegated thread on my collages) and basic sewing supplies like scissors, pins, extra sewing machine needles, bobbins, ruler, rotary cutter etc.