This is a follow up class of the heart collage class but even if you have not taken that class you can absolutely join us!
Continue to learn more about the collage technique.
- 60” of cotton voile Pattern Ease (available at the store)
- 6 yards of 24” Steam a seam 2 double stick fusible web (not the lite and no substitutions)
- Fabric Fuse adhesive– in the green bottle
- Small piece of black or dark grey for beak,
- ½ yard of purple for the legs (if done in different pieces, if you want 1 long piece you will need 1 yard)
- 1 black polka dot with white background for the eye
- Applique pressing sheet (optional)
- Very sharp medium size scissors to cut out your shapes.
- Patterns available at the store to purchase
Recommended: Karen Kay Buckley’s medium blue scissors (available at the store) because they are serrated and able to get into little corners, fabric won’t fray. You will use them for a lot of other projects!
- A Sharpie for tracing your pattern
- Fabric! This is the fun part. Dive into your stash or check the store and find cuttable flowers in pinks of several shades, pink/oranges and whites. Any other prints you want to put in. Bring most flowers as they work best for the feathers. Different sizes and styles, colors and shapes. A little bit of a lot of different fabrics
- Save scraps from cutting or bring Fat 1/8 of 4-5 “tamer” fabrics to use as “underlays”
- Wrapping paper tube
- Some sort of serving tray to lay out your fabric pieces
NO SEWING MACHINE NEEDED.